Duration: 9 Days
Type: Country Explorer - USA Canada and Central America 2022
Descriptions: Offering the best of all things east, take in Canada"s cosmopolitan cities, French and British heritage, and majestic landscapes. See traditional Pow Wow dancing in Ottawa, watch the cascading waters of Niagara Falls, and stroll through meadows, rolling hills and farms of Quebéc"s Eastern Townships on this Eastern Canada tour.
from €2,423 pp
Call 01 2311889 to book
Welcome To Toronto
Canada"s multi-cultural metropolis of Toronto launches your journey across Eastern Canada. Relax after your journey, then meet your Travel Director and fellow travelers for a Welcome Reception this evening.
Accommodation at Sheraton Centre
Hockey And Niagara Falls
On the way to Niagara Falls we stop and you get the chance to learn the art of playing the puck like a pro when you meet a real Canadian hockey player. Dive Into Culture and embrace Canada"s national sport, learning the secrets and superstitions of hockey players as a staff member of the team walks you through a day in the life of a player. Go inside the players" dressing room and put on the full hockey gear with help of a real coach. Grab your stick and it"s off onto the ice where you"ll soon find out whether you are a lefty or righty, and learn how to score the big goal. Witness Mother Nature"s power first-hand when you journey to Niagara Falls and embark on an exhilarating boat ride to the base of Horseshoe Falls. You"ll have some time on your own to explore Ontario"s most enchanting village, Niagara-on-the-Lake.
Travel Back In Time In Kingston
Our day begins with an orientation tour past Toronto"s sprawling Queens Park, stately University Avenue and the Provincial Parliament Buildings. We continue to Kingston, a 17th-century former French trading post and gateway to a Thousand Islands. This evening, we set sail on our dinner cruise against the backdrop of pretty riverside cottages and uninhabited islands.
Accommodation at Delta Waterfront
Onwards To Ottawa
Arriving in Ottawa, we embark on an introductory tour of Canada"s capital. You"ll have a full afternoon to explore the city on your terms. Consider a visit to one of the city"s museums or join an optional experience, the Oh Canada, Eh? dinner show.
Accommodation at Sheraton Ottawa
Uncover The Traditions Of Quebec City
A quick hop over the Ottawa River brings us in the French-speaking Province of Québec for a private, exclusive experience on the grounds of the Canadian Museum of History. Canada"s Museum of History is the country"s foremost and most visited museum. We will start with a Continental Breakfast followed by a lively and colorful interactive performance of traditional Pow Wow dancing. You will also enjoy an interactive beading workshop using authentic materials. We then learn about a special MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® experience about the Manitobah Mukluks Storyboot Project, which aims to revive the traditional arts by creating partnerships with elders and artisans. After we will enjoy lunch at a typical sugar shack at a local "Cabane a Sucre". Then continue to Québec City to begin your love affair with the city"s French Canadian joie de vivre and your hotel in Old Québec.
Accommodation at Hotel Clarendon
Stroll Through Québec City
Embark on a captivating walk through the narrow streets of Old Québec City, joining your Local Specialist for an in-depth discovery of this UNESCO-listed place exuding all the charm of a European city. Spend the rest of the afternoon exploring La Vieille Capitale on your terms.
Enjoy The Charming Eastern Townships
Leave the city behind, bound for Québec"s picturesque Eastern Townships. Your journey will take you past pretty villages and rolling farmlands before arriving at Domaine Ives Hill for an exclusive Be My Guest lunch. Connect With Locals and learn how black currants are farmed, picked and processed into a variety of beverages. You"ll have an opportunity to make your own black currant tea and enjoy a fruity sangria, followed by a hearty lunch of locally sourced ingredients. Later, we"ll make our way to Montréal and admire panoramic city views from its namesake, Mount Royal.
Accommodation at Le Centre Sheraton
Discover Vibrant Montréal
Join your?Local Specialist?for a sightseeing tour revealing the historic sites in the colourful Old Port area, the splendour of one of Montréal"s crown jewels – Notre Dame Basilica and modern Downtown Montréal. Gain a deeper appreciation for the city"s French Canadian roots as you spend the afternoon exploring the city on your terms before joining your fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner in Old Montréal.
Au Revoir Montréal
Bid a fond au revoir to newfound friends as you are transferred to the Montréal International Airport.
To book or for more information, please call us on 01 2311889
- 1 Be My Guest
- 1 Farewell Dinner
- 1 Lunch
- 1 Regional Dinner
- 1 Welcome Reception
- 8 Breakfasts
First class travel Highlights
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- All transport and transfers shown
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Flights from Ireland
- Any internal air unless otherwise stated
- Meals (not specified)
- Transfers (not specified)
- Travel Insurance
- Personal items
- Meals (not specified)
- Explore Quebéc City and Montréal with a Local Specialist
- Discover of Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa
- Visit Niagara Falls and Eastern Townships
- Cruise the 1000 Islands dinner cruise and Niagara Falls
- Dive Into Culture Dive into Culture and embrace Canada"s national sport, learning the secrets and superstition of hockey players as a professional coach walks you through a day in the life of a player.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® Make travel matter and learn and support the Manitobah Mukluks Storyboot School, a Treadright supported project.
- Connect With Locals Visit a black currant farm in the Eastern Townships and meet the owner for a tour and tasting and afterwards you"ll create your own tea mix. Join the owner for a locally-sourced hearty meal with wine
- These prices are LAND-ONLY and are correct at the time of the website going live, however prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking
- All trip information is correct at time of trips going live, however prices and itineraries are subject to change, please confirm all details and final cost at time of booking
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page. Conditions can be found in the footer under Information
- Early Payment Discounts are not available on all Trafalgar trips and some trips may be excluded. Book early to avoid disappointment as the number of seats available at discount prices are limited. The Early Payment Discount icon will be indicated on the Pricing and Availability page of the selected trips where this Early Payment Discount is applicable
- It is important that you book your Trafalgar trip from your own country/region. For reasons why, please click here
- Hotels are subject to change
- *For single travellers purchasing the twin-share option, please note that there is a no smoking policy in all shared rooms. Solo travel is not accepted on guided Family Experiences holidays unless travelling as part of a family group
- ^Twin-share option not available for trips to South America, Costa Rica, Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii or for any holiday & cruise combination, or in Asia and Eastern Mediterranean except Highlights of Turkey (without cruise) & Best of Turkey
TRAVEL AWARE - STAYING SAFE AND HEALTHY ABROAD
The Department of Foreign Affairs has up-to-date advice for Irish citizens on staying safe and healthy abroad. For more security, local laws, health, passport and visa information see https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/ and follow dfatravelwise