Duration: 7 Days
Type: - Europe Britain Costsaver 2020
Descriptions: You could spend an eternity exploring the enchanting Italian capitals of Venice, Florence and Rome, but this exciting 7-day journey with Costsaver will deliver a multitude of memorable experiences that will linger long after you"ve returned home. Take a walk down memory lane - one that spans centuries of tradition, heritage and culture as you encounter such iconic sights as the mighty Colosseum, the Leaning Tower of Pisa and Florence"s spectacular Duomo. Your exploration of this veritable open-air museum will leave you enriched and inspired.
from €1,075 pp
Call 01 2311889 to book
Arrive Rome (2 Nights)
Buongiorno! Rome kicks off your epic Italian trilogy - one that will scratch beneath the surface of Italy"s iconic cities. Upon arrival, check in to your hotel, then spend the rest of the day recovering from your journey or pound the pavements to discover why Rome so deserves its title, the "Eternal City". Later, you"ll meet up with your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a glimpse into what lies ahead. There"s even time for a leisurely stroll to one of the city"s thronging piazze to people-watch or join an optional sightseeing tour of Rome followed by a light Italian dinner, if such a thing exists! Embrace life lived the Italian way - to the fullest.
Accommodation at Ergife Palace
Rome Sightseeing And Free Time
There"s no better way to see Rome than to dive right in, which is what you"ll do when you meet your Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour that begins in the Vatican City. The dome of St. Peter"s Basilica looms over the expansive St. Peter"s Square - the impressive backdrop for time spent learning about the world"s smallest country. See Michelangelo"s mournful Pieta up close and consider an Optional Experience that will reveal the artistry and heritage of the famous Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums. Continue to Ancient Rome, to view the mighty Colosseum, followed by some time to explore on your own.
Rome – Pisa – Florence (2 Nights)
Set your sights firmly on Florence, the birthplace of the Renaissance and a city that has inspired poets, authors and artists for centuries. But first, a mesmerising journey through the rolling vineyards and olive groves of Tuscany awaits. Visit Pisa and its Square of Miracles, one of the most beautiful architectural complexes in the world. Yield to peer pressure and snap a few strategic photos featuring you and the extraordinary Leaning Tower of Pisa, leaning precariously. You"ll have some time for souvenir shopping before continuing to Florence. This evening, there"s an opportunity to head into the Tuscan Hills for dinner - an unforgettable Optional Experience.
Accommodation at Novotel Firenze Nord
Florence Sightseeing And Free Time
There are few cities in the world with an artistic legacy equal to that of Florence. Now"s your chance to experience it in all its glory with your Local Specialist at your side. Lace up your walking shoes and view the city"s most iconic sights on foot - the Baptistery, Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Giotta"s Bell Tower and Ponte Vecchio. You"ll visit Piazza della Signoria and witness a demonstration revealing the centuries-old Florentine trade of leatherwork, followed by some time to explore on your own or visit San Gimignano as part of an Optional Experience. If you"re in the mood for some shopping, consider buying some of the high-quality leather goods you"ve just witnessed or shop for 18-carat gold jewellery. Later you"ll enjoy dinner at your hotel.
Florence – Verona – Venice (mestre) (2 Nights)
Journey across the dramatic Apennine Mountains to Verona, the home of Shakespeare"s star-crossed lovers. View the vast Roman Arena, where concerts are still held several centuries after it was built to entertain the citizens of this fair city. Juliet"s Balcony is a further highlight, revealing the tragic story of the Montague and Capulet family feud. Your journey continues to Venice, your home for the next two nights. An evening on your own means an opportunity to explore one of the world"s most romantic cities watching the busy traffic on its canals over a crisp glass of Aperol Spritz or embark on an optional gondola ride along Venice"s narrow waterways. Salute!
Accommodation at Antony
Venice Orientation And Free Time
Watch talented master craftsmen at work engaged in the same craft as their ancestors from centuries ago when you visit Giudecca Island. Witness the beautiful glass creations, that are characteristic of Venice, being made. Then cruise by private launch to St. Mark"s Square, in the heart of Venice. All the main attractions are within walking distance of the Piazza so you"ll have easy access to view the Byzantine Basilica of St. Mark, which you could visit as part of an Optional Experience. Spend your time getting lost in the calle of Venice or consider taking a cruise across the lagoon to the colourful Burano Island for a relaxing farewell dinner.
Depart Venice (mestre)
Brief but jam-packed, this memorable encounter with Italy"s favourite cities has been brimming with culture, history and culinary delights. We hope you tossed a coin in the Trevi Fountain to secure your speedy return to Rome, but if you didn"t, you"ll have a heart full of fond memories that will stay with you forever. For now, it"s arriverderci, but not farewell forever as you say goodbye to your Travel Director and newfound friends before taking your transfer to Venice Marco Polo Airport. Conditions apply.
To book or for more information, please call us on 01 2311889
- 6 Breakfasts
- 2 Three-course dinners
First class travel Highlights
- Audio Headsets provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- City orientation tours
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
- Airport transfers are provided on the first and last travel day. Conditions apply
- Flights from Ireland
- Any internal air unless otherwise stated
- Meals (not specified)
- Transfers (not specified)
- Travel Insurance
- Personal items
- Meals (not specified)
- Florence Sightseeing with a Local Specialist includes views of the Cathedral, Piazza della Signoria and Ponte Vecchio
- Pisa Visit the Square of Miracles to view the Leaning Tower
- Rome Sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist includes a visit to St. Peter"s Basilica and views of the mighty Colosseum
- Venice Cruise by private boat to St. Mark"s Square. Visit a traditional glassblowing workshop on Giudecca Island
- Verona View the Roman Arena and Juliet"s Balcony
- These prices are LAND-ONLY and are correct at the time of the website going live, however prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking
- All trip information is correct at time of trips going live, however prices and itineraries are subject to change, please confirm all details and final cost at time of booking
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page. Conditions can be found in the footer under Information
- Early Payment Discounts are not available on all Trafalgar trips and some trips may be excluded. Book early to avoid disappointment as the number of seats available at discount prices are limited. The Early Payment Discount icon will be indicated on the Pricing and Availability page of the selected trips where this Early Payment Discount is applicable
- It is important that you book your Trafalgar trip from your own country/region. For reasons why, please click here
- Hotels are subject to change
- *For single travellers purchasing the twin-share option, please note that there is a no smoking policy in all shared rooms. Solo travel is not accepted on guided Family Experiences holidays unless travelling as part of a family group
- ^Twin-share option not available for trips to South America, Costa Rica, Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii or for any holiday & cruise combination, or in Asia and Eastern Mediterranean except Highlights of Turkey (without cruise) & Best of Turkey