Duration: 8 Days
Type: Costsaver - Americas CostSaver 2022
Descriptions: Kicking off in politically charged Washington DC and ending in the city that never sleeps, New York, this 8-day trip is the ideal blend of unique cultures, natural phenomenons and blockbuster icons. See the White House, Empire State Building and high flying Wall Street, learn about the Amish way of life as you travel through Pennsylvania, and feel the full force of mighty Niagara Falls as you cross the border into Canada. If variety is what you"re looking for, this trip is the one for you.
from €1,262 pp
Call 01 2311889 to book
Arrive Washington, D.c. (2 Nights)
Welcome to Washington, America"s capital city and the seat of political power. Fast paced, politically charged and culturally revered, "DC" is the place you"ve seen a thousand times on screens small and large. Boasting arguably America"s finest collection of museums, a vibrant Waterfront area and memorials to many of the nation"s greats, you"ve certainly chosen an iconic spot to kick off your adventure. After settling in to your hotel you"ll meet up with your Travel Director this afternoon, then why not pay a visit to bustling Georgetown for a wander round the shops and restaurants.
Accommodation at Courtyard Washington DC/U.S Capitol
Washington Dc Sightseeing And Free Time
Today"s all about unearthing the political and cultural highlights of this high-flying city. You"ll kick things off with a sightseeing tour that will feel more like a walk through a real-life movie set, visiting icons including the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Monument, and the jewel in America"s political crown, the White House. With the rest of the day to explore as you please, the question is really where to start? Perhaps treat your cultural side to an afternoon spent browsing the museums of the Smithsonian Institution, or choose experiences like visiting George Washington"s sprawling Mount Vernon Estate. This evening we then have another Optional Experience, Washington Illumination Tour, where you"ll see DC"s most famous monuments lit up in their night time glory.
Washington, D.c. – Lancaster
Today you"ll travel back in time as we reach Pennsylvania Dutch farm country, home to America"s oldest and largest settlement of Amish people. Spot farmers working the fields with their horses and manual tools and traditional horse and buggies passing you by as you take in the beautiful rural surroundings. We"ll then meet up with a Local Specialist who will share all about the "plain" lifestyle of the Amish community, who live without cars, televisions, mobile phones or modern-day appliances. You could choose to try out the traditional buggy for yourself on a ride through the back roads, or join in on an Amish family-style dinner at Good "n" Plenty, serving authentic Pennsylvania Dutch meals since 1969.
Accommodation at Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square
Lancaster – Niagara Falls, Canada (2 Nights)
Travelling northwest today, you"ll journey along the surging Susquehanna River as you cross the western region of New York State. Passing through the Appalachian Mountains and no doubt in utter awe of the scenery around you, bear in mind that this mountain range is one of the oldest on earth, formed around 480 million years ago and spanning the border between the USA and Canada. Speaking of which, it will be cheers all round as you venture onto Canadian soil, arriving into Niagara Falls late this afternoon. This evening, we imagine anticipation levels will be rising as you look forward to the natural spectacle that tomorrow will bring.
Accommodation at Best Western Plus Cairn Croft
Niagara Falls Sightseeing And Free Time
This morning you"re off to visit a natural phenomenon, Niagara Falls! The biggest falls in North America, an incredible 750,000 gallons of water thunder into the gorge below every second. We"ll be getting you up close on a cruise to Horseshoe Falls, allowing you to see both the Canadian and American sides. Remember that raincoat? Now"s the time to use it. This afternoon is yours to tailor your trip your way with our Optional Experiences. Why not opt to visit one of Ontario"s prettiest towns, Niagara-on-the-Lake. Boasting colonial architecture, cute rustic shops and local eateries, you"ll be in love even before we tell you of the region"s reputation as a producer of "icewine", one of the world"s finest wines that you"ll also have chance to sample at a tasting.
Niagara Falls – New York City (2 Nights)
Bidding a fond farewell to Canada this morning, you"ll journey back across the border through leafy and picturesque upstate New York. Passing by the fun to pronounce Poconos Mountains, which literally mean "creek between two hills", you"ll make your way into the lush farmlands of New Jersey. Sprawling McMansions, tall pine forests and miles upon miles of coastline will keep you entertained as you venture towards the fast and fabulous metropolis of NYC. Arriving late afternoon and no doubt itching to explore, why not spend your first night here getting acquainted with the city"s foodie scene? From gourmet food trucks to Michelin Star restaurants, the city that never sleeps ensures you"ll never go hungry.
Accommodation at Holiday Inn New York City - Times Square
New York City Sightseeing And Free Time
We hope you"re hungry as for breakfast you"re heading to an NYC institution, the Brooklyn Diner for an iconic breakfast. Fuel up on classic eggs and bacon, bagels, and coffee, then head out with our Local Specialist to discover New York through their eyes with the secrets behind some of Manhattan"s most iconic sites including Broadway, the Top of the Rock, leafy Greenwich Village, fast paced Wall Street and the sobering 9/11 Memorial. You"ll end your tour with insider stories to share with friends back home. This afternoon, it"s all about discovering New York, your way. Head over to trendy Brooklyn, catch a show on Broadway, or take your own bite out of the Big Apple with our tantalizing list of Optional Experiences. With choices like the Empire State Building or a tasty tour of the city"s food carts, you"re sure to create your perfect afternoon.
Depart New York City
With fond memories of spectacular waterfalls, political icons and delicious icewine still fresh in your mind, your trip will come to an end this morning. Why not head out for one final cream cheese bagel and stroll around Central Park before heading to the airport, or if you"re not ready to say goodbye just yet, why not extend your stay at the Holiday Inn New York City - Times Square for a few more days. In a city as varied and wonderful as New York, you"re never short of new things to discover.
To book or for more information, please call us on 01 2311889
First class travel Highlights
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio Headsets provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- City orientation tours
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries
- Many meals included
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- Flights from Ireland
- Any internal air unless otherwise stated
- Meals (not specified)
- Transfers (not specified)
- Travel Insurance
- Personal items
- Meals (not specified)
- Lancaster Learn about a simpler way of life from the Amish people with a Local Specialist
- New York City Sightseeing with a Local Specialist to see Broadway, the Empire State Building, the Chrysler Building, Wall Street and the 9/11 Memorial
- New York City Iconic Breakfast at Brooklyn Diner, a classic New York diner, for a real Americana experience
- Niagara Falls Cruise to the base of the breathtakingly beautiful and powerful Horseshoe Falls
- Washington, D.C. Snap photos of some of the most iconic buildings, monuments and memorials in D.C., including the Lincoln, World War II Memorials, the White House and the U.S. Capitol building
- These prices are LAND-ONLY and are correct at the time of the website going live, however prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking
- All trip information is correct at time of trips going live, however prices and itineraries are subject to change, please confirm all details and final cost at time of booking
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page. Conditions can be found in the footer under Information
- Early Payment Discounts are not available on all Trafalgar trips and some trips may be excluded. Book early to avoid disappointment as the number of seats available at discount prices are limited. The Early Payment Discount icon will be indicated on the Pricing and Availability page of the selected trips where this Early Payment Discount is applicable
- It is important that you book your Trafalgar trip from your own country/region. For reasons why, please click here
- Hotels are subject to change
- *For single travellers purchasing the twin-share option, please note that there is a no smoking policy in all shared rooms. Solo travel is not accepted on guided Family Experiences holidays unless travelling as part of a family group
- ^Twin-share option not available for trips to South America, Costa Rica, Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii or for any holiday & cruise combination, or in Asia and Eastern Mediterranean except Highlights of Turkey (without cruise) & Best of Turkey