Duration: 9 Days
Type: - USA, Canada and Central America 2020
Descriptions: Explore Canada"s cosmopolitan cities, French and British heritage and majestic natural landscapes, from the cascading waters of Niagara Falls to the pretty meadows, rolling hills and farms of Eastern Townships in Quebéc.
from €1,995 pp
Call 01 2311889 to book
Arrive Toronto (2 Nights)
Canada"s multi-cultural metropolis of Toronto launches your journey across Eastern Canada. Relax after your journey, then meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception this evening.
Accommodation at Sheraton Centre Toronto
Niagara Falls Sightseeing
Witness Mother Nature"s power first-hand when you journey to Niagara Falls and embark on an exhilarating boat ride to the base of Horseshoe Falls. You"ll have some time on your own to explore Ontario"s most enchanting village, Niagara-on-the-Lake. Spend the afternoon strolling down its tree-lined streets and admiring the 19th-century façades or enjoy the tranquillity of its botanical gardens.
Toronto – Kingston
Our day begins with an orientation tour past Toronto"s sprawling Queens Park, stately University Avenue and the Provincial Parliament Buildings. We ascend Toronto"s iconic CN Tower before continuing to Kingston, a 17th-century former French trading post and gateway to a Thousand Islands. This evening, we set sail on our dinner cruise against the backdrop of pretty riverside cottages and uninhabited islands.
Accommodation at Delta Kingston Waterfront
Kingston – Ottawa
Arriving in Ottawa, we embark on an introductory tour of Canada"s capital. You"ll have a full afternoon to explore the city on your terms. Consider a visit to one of the city"s museums or join an Optional Excursion cruise on the Rideau Canal.
Accommodation at Sheraton Ottawa
Ottawa – Quebec City (2 Nights)
The sticky, rich flavours of Canada"s traditional maple syrup will linger long after your morning stop at the local cabane a sucre (sugar shack). Then continue to Quebec City to begin your love affair with the city"s French Canadian joie de vivre and your hotel in Old Quebec.
Accommodation at Hotel Clarendon
Quebec City Sightseeing
Embark on a captivating walk through the narrow streets of Old Quebec City, joining your Local Specialist for an in-depth discovery of this UNESCO-listed place exuding all the charm on a European city. Spend the rest of the afternoon exploring La Vieille Capitale on your terms.
Quebec City – Eastern Townships – Montreal (2 Nights)
Leave the city behind, bound for Quebec"s picturesque Eastern Townships. Your journey will take you past pretty villages and rolling farmlands before arriving at Domaine Ives Hill for an exclusive "Be My Guest" lunch. "Connect With Locals" and learn how black currants are farmed, picked and processed into a variety of beverages. You"ll have an opportunity to make your own black current tea and enjoy a tasting session, followed by a hearty lunch of locally sourced ingredients. Later, we"ll make our way to Montreal and admire panoramic city views from its namesake, Mount Royal.
Accommodation at Le Centre Sheraton
Explore the Island of Montreal with ease, joining your Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour that will reveal the splendour of such historic sites as the ornate Notre Dame Basilica, the colourful Old Port area and Downtown Montreal. Gain a deeper appreciation for the city"s French Canadian roots as you spend the afternoon exploring the city on your terms before joining your fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner in Old Montreal.
Bid a fond au revoir to newfound friends as you are transferred to Montreal International Airport.
To book or for more information, please call us on 01 2311889
- 8 breakfasts
- 2 lunches (Including Be My Guest)
- 3 dinners
First class travel Highlights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
- Flights from Ireland
- Any internal air unless otherwise stated
- Meals (not specified)
- Transfers (not specified)
- Travel Insurance
- Personal items
- Meals (not specified)
- ORIENTATION of Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa
- VISIT CN Tower, Niagara Falls, Quebec City, Eastern Townships, Montreal
- CRUISE the 1000 Islands dinner cruise and Niagara Falls
- These prices are LAND-ONLY and are correct at the time of the website going live, however prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking
- All trip information is correct at time of trips going live, however prices and itineraries are subject to change, please confirm all details and final cost at time of booking
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page. Conditions can be found in the footer under Information
- Early Payment Discounts are not available on all Trafalgar trips and some trips may be excluded. Book early to avoid disappointment as the number of seats available at discount prices are limited. The Early Payment Discount icon will be indicated on the Pricing and Availability page of the selected trips where this Early Payment Discount is applicable
- It is important that you book your Trafalgar trip from your own country/region. For reasons why, please click here
- Hotels are subject to change
- *For single travellers purchasing the twin-share option, please note that there is a no smoking policy in all shared rooms. Solo travel is not accepted on guided Family Experiences holidays unless travelling as part of a family group
- ^Twin-share option not available for trips to South America, Costa Rica, Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii or for any holiday & cruise combination, or in Asia and Eastern Mediterranean except Highlights of Turkey (without cruise) & Best of Turkey
TRAVEL AWARE - STAYING SAFE AND HEALTHY ABROAD
The Department of Foreign Affairs has up-to-date advice for Irish citizens on staying safe and healthy abroad. For more security, local laws, health, passport and visa information see https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/ and follow dfatravelwise