Duration: 13 Days
Type: - USA, Canada and Central America 2020
Descriptions: Embrace the laid-back lifestyle of Vancouver and a dramatic mountain wilderness. Explore the traditions of the First Nations, behold the icy fingers of the Columbia Icefield and meet a retired Mountie.
from €3,325 pp
Call 01 2311889 to book
Tackle the "Great Outdoors" on this effortlessly delivered adventure through Western Canada. Discover why Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world"s most livable cities. Then, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.
Accommodation at Pinnacle Harbourfront
Vancouver – Victoria (2 Nights)
This morning, delve into the historic neighbourhoods of Chinatown and Gastown before boarding a ferry to Vancouver Island. "Dive into Culture" and taste local cider at a familly-owned ciderhouse, before continuing to Victoria.
Accommodation at Inn at Laurel Point
Enjoy breakfast at Butchart Gardens and learn how the spectacular floral display was once a giant disused quarry. Enjoy a your choice dining experience tonight.
Victoria – Chemainus – Squamish – Whistler (2 Nights)
See the vivid murals of Chemainus. Board a ferry and then take the scenic Sea-to-Sky Highway. Ascend to Summit Lodge, admiring the views from the Sea-to-Sky Gondola. Tonight, enjoy a Regional Meal dinner in Whistler Village. Our Stay with a Story is Whistler"s landmark ski-in ski-out hotel.
Accommodation at Fairmont Chateau Whistler
First Nation traditions are revealed by a Local Specialist at the Squamish Lil"wat Cultural Centre. Spend the rest of your day at leisure.
Whistler – Kamloops
We continue towards Kamloops where we"ll enjoy an evening at leisure.
Accommodation at Kamloops DoubleTree
Kamloops – Rocky Mountain National Parks – Banff (2 Nights)
Sample the best of the UNESCO-listed Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks. We overnight at a mountain resort in Banff National Park, where we"ll meet a retired "Mountie" Local Specialist.
Accommodation at Banff Park Lodge
Immerse yourself in Banff"s soul-stirring natural surrounds. We venture into the Kananaskis Valley to Connect with Locals at a traditional Rocky Mountain Be My Guest dinner.
Banff – Lake Louise – Jasper (2 Nights)
Enjoy a lakeside talk at Lake Louise, then board an Ice Explorer and drive over the Athabasca Glacier.
Accommodation at The Sawridge Inn
Embark on an invigorating guided walk to Maligne Canyon. Board a narrated cruise on Maligne Lake (seasonal) stopping at Spirit Island. Enjoy dinner this evening.
Jasper – Mount Robson – Chase
Admire Mount Robson - the tallest peak in the Canadian Rockies. Learn about the First Nation Shushwap people and stroll around their ancestral grounds where we"ll see a traditional kekuli winter homestead.
Accommodation at Quaaout Lodge Spa
Chase – Vancouver
Visit Capilano Suspension Bridge Park and explore Stanley Park upon arrival in Vancouver. Afternoon is at leisure.
Accommodation at Pinnacle Harbourfront
Our dazzling encounter with the Canadian Rockies has come to an end. Transfer to Vancouver International Airport or to the hotel for those on the optional Alaska cruise and for guests that are extending their stay.
To book or for more information, please call us on 01 2311889
- 12 breakfasts
- 5 dinners (Including Be My Guest)
First class travel Highlights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
- Flights from Ireland
- Any internal air unless otherwise stated
- Meals (not specified)
- Transfers (not specified)
- Travel Insurance
- Personal items
- Meals (not specified)
- CITY TOUR in Vancouver, Victoria, Whistler, Banff
- VISIT Chase, Banff National Park, Jasper National Park
- VIEW Lake Louise, Athabasca Glacier, Rogers Pass, Athabasca Falls, Sea-to-Sky Gondola, Butchart Gardens, a traditional kekuli built by the people of the First Nations
- CRUISE across Maligne Lake to iconic Spirit Island
- SCENIC DRIVE along the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Icefields Parkway
- These prices are LAND-ONLY and are correct at the time of the website going live, however prices are subject to confirmation at the time of booking
- All trip information is correct at time of trips going live, however prices and itineraries are subject to change, please confirm all details and final cost at time of booking
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page. Conditions can be found in the footer under Information
- Early Payment Discounts are not available on all Trafalgar trips and some trips may be excluded. Book early to avoid disappointment as the number of seats available at discount prices are limited. The Early Payment Discount icon will be indicated on the Pricing and Availability page of the selected trips where this Early Payment Discount is applicable
- It is important that you book your Trafalgar trip from your own country/region. For reasons why, please click here
- Hotels are subject to change
- *For single travellers purchasing the twin-share option, please note that there is a no smoking policy in all shared rooms. Solo travel is not accepted on guided Family Experiences holidays unless travelling as part of a family group
- ^Twin-share option not available for trips to South America, Costa Rica, Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii or for any holiday & cruise combination, or in Asia and Eastern Mediterranean except Highlights of Turkey (without cruise) & Best of Turkey
TRAVEL AWARE - STAYING SAFE AND HEALTHY ABROAD
The Department of Foreign Affairs has up-to-date advice for Irish citizens on staying safe and healthy abroad. For more security, local laws, health, passport and visa information see https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/ and follow dfatravelwise